Brookdale Hospice is seeking Animal Companions to visit our hospice patients in the Colorado Springs area. As you know, a wagging tail can make all the difference in a patient's day. Must be a certified Animal Companion, have up-to-date shots and insurance-- and of course, must be able to handle their "licker." Animal Companion "parents" must complete a background check, drug screen and two-step TB Test.
Brookdale Hospice provides an individualized program of physical, emotional and practical care for each patient, with an emphasis on pain control and symptom management.
For more information please call / email Cesslie Joy Pharr: 719-268-2582 or cpharr@Brookdale.com
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week visiting hospice patients
- Animal Companion, insurance, vaccines, background check, drug screen, TB test
- Read to Hospice Patients
- Vigil Volunteer
- Awesome Office Administrator
- Join Our Hospice Companionship...
- Sing to (and with) a Hospice...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Hospice Volunteer Orientation:...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Hospice Companion Volunteer
- Animal Companions for Hospice...
- Ivory Tickler for Hospice Patients