Join us as a volunteer for our State Summer Games presented by Spectrum which features over 1,000 athletes competing in individual skills and team competitions!
Click here to register:https://www.classy.org/grand-junction/events/2018-state-summer-games-presented-by-spectrum-volunteer-opportunities/e171184
PARKING: Free general parking is available at Colorado Mesa University. Maps will be sent out upon signing up to volunteer.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- wear comfortable clothes (volunteer t-shirt will be provided)
- closed toed shoes (no flip-flops)
- watter bottle to stay hydrated
- sunscreen, sunglasses etc.
VOLUNTEER SERVICE HOURS: For those needing confirmation of service hours, at the completion of your volunteer shift you may report back to volunteer registration for signatures or confirmation forms.
ACCOMMODATIONS: If you are in need of accommodations in the Grand Junction area, click hereto see the discounted rates for Special Olympics families & volunteers for the weekend.
AGE ELIGIBILITY FOR VOLUNTEERS:
* 16 years and older can volunteer by themselves.
* 8-15 year olds must be accompanied by parent, guardian, or chaperone.
* 7 years and younger are not given volunteer assignments, but are welcomed and encouraged to be cheerleaders as long as they are accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperone. Please do not 'purchase' a ticket for this position.
* 8-15 year olds in a group situation need a 3 to 1 ratio-meaning one adult (18 years old or older) for every three children. These groups usually include scout troops, school classes, church groups, etc.
QUESTIONS: Contact Georgia David, Volunteer, Family Services, and Athlete Leadership Manager at email@example.com
We hope you enjoy your volunteer experience. Thank you for dedicating the time in your life to help ensure our athletes have the time of their lives!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment