Are you looking for a fun group activity this summer? Would you like to find a way to help provide nourishing food to the less fortunate in Lake County? If you have a group of 2-12 people who are willing to get their hands dirty, Catholic Charities has the volunteer opportunity for you!
Work in our sixteen-raised-bed vegetable garden at 671 South Lewis Ave, Waukegan. You pick the week; we provide the instructions on what to weed and what to harvest. And we provide the tools. All we need is your group. This is a very flexible opportunity. You can come once or multiple times during your week, selecting the day(s) and time(s) that work best for you!
We distribute the fresh vegetables harvested through our food pantries and at our evening suppers. These gardens provide fresh vegetables to those who normally have only shelf-stable food. It is real treat for them and healthy too!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Select a week and work 1-4 hours
- Willing to get dirty!
- Veteran's Employment Assistant
- Garden Volunteers
- Evening Suppers in Round Lake
- Talented Volunteers Needed
- Help Serve Lunch to Seniors in...
- Deliver Meals to Seniors in Lake...
- Help Serve Lunch at the...
- Junior Volunteer for Senior...
- Emergency Assistance Phone Support
- Meals on Wheels Assistant
- Make a difference. Be a Youth...
- Emergency Assistance Intake...