The Marco Players, Marco Island, is immediately seeking a Sound Board Engineer for the 2017-2018 season.
In addition to the sounds of the words spoken by the actors, plays normally call for sound effects to create lifelike noises or use music and other sounds to support the drama.
Sounds and music in the theater:
* Motivate actions onstage and indicate events taking place offstage
* Establish the time of day, season and weather
* Locate the action in a specific place
* Create mood and changes in mood
* Stimulate audience expectations of what is to come
* Provide information about the characters
* Build transitions between scenes
* Offer shortcuts that rapidly advance the plot or recall past events
Once the show opens, it's normally the job of the Stage Manager and Sound and Light Board Engineers to ensure every aspect of the production runs as the Director intended, time after time, until the production closes.
The Sound Board Engineer works under the Stage Manager and Director to take the sound design, test it, and usually run each actual show.
- Performance Management
- Stage Management
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment