Community Event Coordinator
Ruff Start Rescue
Description: The Community Events Coordinator works in collaboration with the Fundraising Events Manager to create meaningful & memorable events that raise awareness & funds for Ruff Start Rescue. With direction and support from the Fundraising Events Manager, the Community Events Coordinator takes responsibility for many of the details for the events they are assigned or choose to do.
Location: Remote, varies based upon event locations.
Reports To: Fundraising Events Manager
- Flexibility: Able to accommodate the various locations & dates/times of Ruff Start Rescue events
- Verbal and written communication: Speaks and writes clearly and informatively with special attention to spelling and grammar
- Team player: Serves as a member of the Ruff Start Rescue internal volunteer team, supporting everyone’s efforts to carry out our mission
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Independence: Works independently under the direction of the Fundraising Events Manager; completes assigned duties on time
- Interpersonal skills: Capable of comfortably interacting with diverse populations with appropriate sensitivity; open to others’ ideas; maintains confidentiality
- Subject matter expert: Demonstrated passion & knowledge on the topic of animal welfare
- Event Coordination & Implementation:
- Assist in planning, coordinating & executing events
- Manage & maintain Ruff Start Rescue’s event supply inventory, prepare event supplies for upcoming events as needed. Return event supplies to storage area following events & restock as needed.
- Attend assigned community events and act as on-site brand representative
- Provide direction to other event volunteers & help them with event set-up & tear-down
- Maintain consistent & timely communication with the Fundraising Events Manager, particularly when:
- A challenge or issue arises with the planning of a Ruff Start Rescue event
- Support is needed
- Expenses will be incurred by Ruff Start Rescue
- Reporting on the outcome of an event
- Information is pertinent to the event or activity in which Ruff Start Rescue is represented
- Communicate ideas & information (primarily via email) to event staff, volunteers & fosters as needed
Time Commitment: 8-15 hours/month dependant on organizational needs
Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age
Support: Training for this position will be provided. The Fundraising Events Manager, Volunteer Manager and all Ruff Start Rescue staff are available for questions and assistance.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "PR Board Member" in the subject line.
About Ruff Start Rescue
12526 319th Ave, Princeton, MN 55371, US
Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving animals whose lives are at risk. We also educate the community about the importance of animal rescue and responsibility. www.facebook.com/ruffstart
Who We Are & How We Do It
We are a foster based animal rescue based out of Central MN. We are a No-Kill dog and cat rescue organization. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits. We all work very hard to place them in new loving homes. We have a facility in Princeton for staff and supplies, but we operate throughout all of central MN. In fact, we have most of our fosters in the twin cities and surrounding areas.
This group could not survive without all of our wonderful volunteers who spend countless hours devoting time to save lives. Most volunteers work full time jobs, have children, their own animals, etc and have a very busy schedule. So if your phone calls or emails are not answered by a live person right away, it’s probably because we are at work and will call you as soon as we can.
More info at: http://www.ruffstartrescue.com/info/index