MISSION AND VISION
The mission of Success Prep Academy is to help disadvantaged students achieve their highest potential with programs that provide life skills mentoring, academic support and career exploration. With community, corporate, and school-side partnerships, we will impact not only current students, but family generations to come.
Studies show that disadvantaged students succeed in school when they have academic support and exposure to positive role models. Future Collegians is our middle school academic support and career mentoring program that educates, motivates, and gets students "on fire" to pursue college! Here are a few highlights:
- Future Collegians is a Saturday program, consisting of four (4) eight-week sessions.
- We offer enrichment in the areas of Life Skills, Academic Support, and Career Exploration.
- Classrooms are separated by grade (6/7/8) and have 15 students for every two instructors.
- Swag give-a-ways, fun weekly challenges, and social interactions make this program a fun activity that students look forward to each week.
As a Volunteer Instructor, you will help our students learn about important skills and traits about being successful in school. You’ll also create a summer camp-style level of excitement, socialization, and fun for our middle school students. To keep our students engaged, Future Collegians must be fun and markedly different from the regular school day. Our Volunteer Instructors are a big part of what makes this program work! Activities will include:
- Leading discussions with students about Social/Emotional learning and Study Skills.
- Facilitating group conversations with students.
- Supporting and leading various activities with students.
- Modeling the standards of excellence that we want our student to achieve.
The ideal candidate is:
- At least 18 years old, currently enrolled in college with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Friendly, respectful, energetic, responsible, reliable, and proactive.
- Excited about learning new skills and mentoring disadvantaged middle school students.
- Able to pass a background check.
- Special consideration for Education/Child Psychology Majors, but all majors are welcome.
This is a great opportunity for college students to gain volunteer experience and boost their resume. Volunteer Instructors will also get an inside look into potential career paths in the Metro Atlanta area.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours/week
- All volunteers must attend a full-day training session in August 2018