Road to Recovery Volunteer Driver
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
Keep in mind that most rides are needed during Monday - Saturdays, primarily between 7 am and 7 pm. Drivers should have regular availability during that time frame.
- Complete necessary Road To Recovery training and updates.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Utilizes Service Match to manage availability and ride requests.
- Coordinates with the patient at least one to two days prior to the accepted ride request and provides ride as agreed upon.
- Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the Society’s privacy and confidentiality policies.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications
Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84 and have:
- A good driving record
- A current driver's license
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Schedule availability
- Regular desktop, laptop, or tablet computer access
Ana Boote @email@example.com
About American Cancer Society, Inc.
500 Victory Blvd, Burbank, CA 91502, US
Our mission is to eliminate cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from the disease, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Our Global Headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia, and we have regional and local offices throughout the country to ensure we have a presence in every community.
We'll work with your schedule.
500 N. Victory BlvdVolunteers Needed in San Fernando ValleyBurbank, CA 91502
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 year
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance, Access to a safe and reliable vehicle