Introduction on Brookline Chinese school
The Brookline Chinese School (BCS) is a volunteer-initiated, non-profit organization committed towards promoting communication between Chinese and Western communities. By sharing Chinese language and culture, we hope to bring about the advancement of cultural diversity in the Brookline and Boston areas. Through our efforts, we hope to see Chinese culture thrive and flourish.
With the substantial growth of our school in the last year, we are recruiting additional volunteers to join our school administration team. We are also in need of more experienced teachers for Chinese language classes and extracurricular classes, including but not limited to STEM, math, English writing, art, etc. If you are interested in joining our organization please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and "Job Application" in the subject line.
The Vice Principal will closely work with both the BCS Principal and Directors of each BCS Department to oversee and coordinate different activities of each BCS department. The position will also seek solutions for BCS’s growing needs and cultivate collaborative relationships internally and externally. He or she will directly report to the President/Principal of the BCS. This is a one-year term position with another year of possible extension as the Principal of the school. Retired professionals are encouraged to apply as well.Responsibilities
- Act as primary point of contact and liaison between parents, internal/external communities, BCS, and School Departments
- Follow-up with each Department on the status of workflow on a monthly basis.
- Manage school email box.
- Consolidate necessary communications from each School Department and email announcements to parents via weekly BCS newsletter.
- Maintain updated school email distribution lists (e.g., for teachers, TAs, operation staffs and PTO volunteers) on a regular basis.
- Direct incoming requests from the general school email box to appropriate School Departments.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Brookline Town and coordinate space rental and arrangements.
- Send classroom usage on a monthly basis to Brookline Town and direct rental invoice to BCS Finance department for remittance.
- Actively participate in the preparation of PTO organized events by providing valuable suggestions.
- Think creatively and generate new ideas to contribute to the continuous development of Brookline Chinese School.
- Lead various BCS events in collaboration with BCS Principal
- Demonstrate passion for Chinese culture and language sharing with local community.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin is preferred.
- Ability to solve problems and appropriately manage conflict with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency with appropriate microsoft suite software.
- Critical thinking and ability to strategize meaningful BCS contributions to Brookline diversity.
- Strong leadership skills
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Business Planning
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment