Green Street Studios (GSS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has served the Cambridge and Greater Boston dance community for over 25 years. It is one of the two major, professional dance studios in Central Square and is integral to the foundation and support of New England dance, housing a range of movers, from the recreational to the professional, across dance genres. Through its year-round programming and affordable studio space rentals, GSS is an artistic home for collaboration and exploration for emerging and professional dancers and artists. To learn more about GSS, visit www.greenstreetstudios.org.
Green Street Studios is looking for a part-time entrepreneurial Director to lead the organization through the next phase of growth. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the incoming Director will direct staff, drive mission, assess and implement improved operations and processes, enhance relationships with customers, and move the organization toward the next sustainable phase of its evolution. A strong candidate would be an innovative operational-focused individual willing to quickly add value to improving the organizational effectiveness of a nonprofit.
A successful Director will:
- Work collaboratively with the Board and staff to design and implement the next phase of operations and processes for the organization, focused on relationship building and customer service, mission alignment, and sustainable business models.
- Develop and diversify revenue streams, building financial infrastructure and other key activities with a customer and mission driven approach.
- Lead and manage full-time, part-time, and contractor staff and volunteers, setting policy, coordinating logistics, and developing annual budgets.
- With assistance from staff, maintain awareness of facility needs, coordinate needs of faculty, students, and renters, and track progress of organization as a whole.
- Promote the mission of GSS, and deepen the interaction of GSS in the community and the impact to artists and dancers.
The most highly qualified candidates will have all, or most of, the following qualifications:
- Nonprofit management experience or management-level leadership within a corporate or private organization
- Demonstrated experience steering business development and creating revenue sources, with a successful record of building relationships with a diverse range of individuals
- Experience with the operational and administrative aspects of managing a small organization, including overseeing organizational budgets and finances; websites and social media communications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to define and prioritize realistic goals and objectives and communicate these to the Board, staff, and stakeholders
- Interest in entrepreneurial organizations and roles, with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work flexibly (including some evenings and weekends when required)
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Program Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment