Associates work directly with the associated WAAA director and are invaluable to the continued growth of our organization. Our associate positions allow individuals with specialized skill sets to make a meaningful contribution to WAAA while making less of a time commitment than director positions.ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON OUR ASSOCIATE POSITIONS:
- All associate positions require at least one year commitment
- All associates report directly to the associated WAAA director.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Fundraising Manager to work closely with our Director of Finance and Community Engagement Coordinator on leading our fundraising efforts. This position presents the unique opportunity to brainstorm and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies for WAAA. You will work to identify and apply to funding opportunities, including: nonprofit grant-makers, pitch competitions, and corporate sponsorship. You will also work to bolster our grassroots fundraising strategy in order to secure more private individual donations. As Fundraising Manager, you will play a pivotal role in attracting much-needed funding to our cause.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Finance and Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies (including creative crowdfunding campaigns, targeting email lists via MailChimp, using social media campaign tools for fundraising purposes, etc.).
- Work with the Director of Finance to bolster WAAA's grassroots donations strategy.
- Help to assess/monitor fundraising needs to meet organizational goals.
- Assist the Director of Finance with researching and applying for additional sources of funding (private and governmental grants, pitch competitions, etc.).
- Assist the Director of Finance with researching and obtaining corporate sponsorship.
- Maintain all fund development records.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): fundraising, grant writing, research, proposal development, project management.
- Ability to record, monitor and update financial progress.
- Excellent written communication (English) and interpersonal skills: ability to help craft compelling funding proposals and inspire people to donate to our cause, both in writing and in-person.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail: research potential corporate sponsors and additional sources of funding.
- You are creative, a great writer, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment