Summer Internship - Become a Global Changemaker!
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Are you looking for an exciting summer internship opportunity where you will make a positive impact in communities both locally and internationally?
By interning at Garden Pool, interns will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives and practices of people living all over the world! Garden Pool meets the Internship requirements of many institutions of higher education, including ASU, MCC, SCC, and more.
By supporting Garden Pool projects, programs, and events, interns will be key players in bringing sustainable development to the world. At Garden Pool, interns will have the opportunity to personally improve food security and resilience on a global scale.
Interns will receive unparalleled professional development and be able to specialize in certain areas at Garden Pool. Many specialized areas are available for Garden Pool interns, including:
- Global Team:
- Writing formal proposals for projects and programs all over the world
- Collaborating with Global Project Leads to bring sustainable development to other countries
- Completing grants and challenge opportunities to secure funding for Garden Pool's international projects
- Video Production Team:
- Creating audio/video productions from shorts to mini-documentary length
- Utilizing 360-degree filming and Virtual Reality technology to engage the public with meaningful and memorable productions
- Video Game Production Team:
- Developing and producing Garden Pool's first video game
- Refining and optimizing codes and functionality within the game
- 3D Modelling Design Team:
- Participating in the design and construction of innovative projects, like building Garden Pools
- Using the SketchUp software to create realistic 3D models
- Fruit Trees 4 Community Team:
- Helping to expand the program and increasing exposure in local communities
- Establishing partnerships and collaborating with participating organizations
- Preparing and planning for fruit tree orders and pick-ups
- Events Team:
- Planning out special events/outreach programs and finding potential opportunities for events
- Collaborating with Social Media Team to promote public events
- Social Media Team:
- Keeping the public up-to-date on Garden Pool’s local and international impacts and outreach
- Maintaining a positive and exciting social media presence to attract and engage fans of Garden Pool
- Creating fundraising programs and initiatives
The Garden Pool internship position is unpaid. However, talented and diligent interns will be considered for future paid employment opportunities and/or considered for overseas trips with Garden Pool. Interns will be expected to volunteer 135 hours over 9 weeks (about 15 hours per week) and must be able to manage independent projects efficiently.
A laptop is required.
Volunteer Location: 659 E. Main Street, Suite 110, Mesa, AZ 85203
Start and End Date: May 20, 2019 - July 22, 2019
Time Commitment: 135 hours over 9 weeks (about 15 hours per week)
THIS IS AN IN-PERSON VOLUNTEER POSITION ONLY.
If this opportunity sound like a perfect fit for you, please contact us! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Apply here: https://gardenpool.org/intern-with-garden-pool
659 E Main StreetSuite 110Mesa, AZ 85203
- Disaster Response
- Grant Writing / Research
- Video Production
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 135 hours over 9 weeks (15 hours per week)