SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER
Currently we have a volunteer who manages the Social Media. In a role as another BAFOL Social Media Volunteer, you may be required to:
- Join either a BAFOL volunteer's Facebook group, or suggesting and helping create some other means of communicating with a group.
- Collect links relating to Autism issues - that have a disability focus - to post and share with the BAFOL volunteer group.
- Schedule links on the BAFOL Facebook page and moderating the Facebook page, including answering messages or assisting with getting them to the Administrator to be answered in a timely manner.
- Write short articles (300-500 word pieces) at least once a month on disability issues that should be or are also Autism related issues. Previous topics have included the lack of representation in Autism research studies, travel, healthy eating, green living, ARTs, media representation, the wage gap, and crimes/violence against disabled children.
Please visit the BAFOL Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages to see what kinds of links we currently share. These are, at this time, unpaid volunteer positions. Applicants are subject to BAFOL Board approval. Application submissions are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will notify all applicants once a decision has been determined.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 15 hours a week
- Can provide a cover letter, telephone number, email address, and attend a monthly team meeting