Model Exhibit Intern May- October 2018
Seattle Architecture Foundation (SAF) Mission
The Seattle Architecture Foundation connects people to the architecture, design, and history of Seattle. We believe the more you engage with design, the more you feel connected to your changing city. As a volunteer driven organization, we provide programs which will empower you to make a difference in your community.
Project: Architectural Model Exhibit
SAF’s Annual Architectural Model Exhibit will showcase recent work from local designers to engage visitors in how design happens and the changes in their city. The Model Exhibit Intern will be responsible for working with exhibit committee members and the Program Director to develop programming ideas, coordinate communications with special guests and speakers, assist with producing program descriptions/press release info and promote programs through social media, and general exhibition assistance with the 2018 exhibit.
* Desire to assist with program development and curation in collaboration with the Exhibit Committee
* Ability to correspond professionally with speakers and firm contacts involved inprogramming
* Graphic design skills are beneficial but not required
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Available 3-5 hours per week, with additional hours the week of installation
* Participate in exhibit committee meetings once a month
* Familiarize yourself with exhibit theme and exhibitors
* Participate in physical set-up and strike of exhibit
* Provide support for the opening night event
* Additional tasks as needed
3 - 5 hours a week
* Gain exhibition and programming experience in a non-profit setting.
* Network with architecture, non-profit and design professionals.
* Receive a complimentary, year-long, SAF Membership at the Individual or Dual Level
E-mail a brief letter of interest outlining your skills and experience, a résumé and 2 references to Kathryn Higgins, Program Director at email@example.com by April 13, 2018
- Exhibition Arts
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 - 5 Hours per week