Share your love of gardening with the kids at the Boys & Girls Club! Help us teach kids the importance of environmental sustainability while having fun planting a garden.
Location: Cheney Family Branch (8502 Skansie Ave, Gig Harbor, WA 98332)
Position: Garden Club Volunteer
- 30 minute Volunteer Orientation (one-time)
- 30 minute online training (one-time)
- 1 hour, once per week Thursday’s between the times of 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Minimum 6 week commitment
Summary of Position and Duties:
- Assist Staff in teaching Club members beginning gardening skills.
- Help Club members plant garden beds and grow vegetables.
- Introduce the basics of environmental sustainability.
- Utilize BGCA program materials.
- Knowledge of gardening.
- Patience working with children.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Minimum of 18 years of age with HS Diploma/GED/Equivalent
- Able to pass a background check and national sex offender registry check
- Child Development
- Environmental Education
- Youth Services
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- A passion for working with children!