OneOC is proud to offer EncoreOC Fellowships throughout Orange County! As an EncoreOC Fellow, you will connect with a local nonprofit in meaningful & purposeful service to help address unmet community needs. During the 8-week program, you will fulfill critical project-based assignments that will bolster the infrastructure of the nonprofit at which you are serving.
OneOC - EncoreOC Fellowship Program with Innovative Housing Opportunities in Orange County, Irvine. IHO enriches communities by providing high-quality affordable housing, impactful resident services and Economic Self-Reliance programs to those most in need.
Position Description: EncoreOC Fellows are highly-skilled volunteers who typically possess an advanced educational and professional background. Experienced applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply and are welcome to send a resume and cover letter.
Grant Research and Writer:
* Work with staff to get familiar with IHO’s programs, goals and funding needs. Help staff build a sustainable grant writing program. Help create a master policy and procedure manual for grant writing including a proposal template consisting of an executive summary, organizational description, needs statement, program description, program objectives, expected outcomes, evaluation, sustainability plan and grant acknowledgement plan.
* Research grant opportunities, gather information/data, and narrative to write grant proposals or letter of inquiry, and complete grant applications, and grant reporting.
* Research grant opportunities that match goals and objectives of the organization including: corporate, private individual, and foundation funds as well as funding sources for capital, programs, general operation and capacity building. Develop a list of strong potential matches and identify type of funding, size of grant, and details of the application process and applicable deadlines.
* Review individual funder websites, and reviewing 990’s to determine funding patterns, giving amounts and philanthropic priorities and focus. Document funder profile including contact information.
* Maintain grant schedule and timelines for applications and reports. Update existing 12-month grants calendar to facilitate tracking of submissions, declinations, awards and reporting requirements and determine/monitor grant status. Identify under-represented private philanthropy circles (i.e. women, minorities, etc.)
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 8-week,15 hours per week, project-based