Every year, Technovation invites teams of girls from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
Girls ages 10 to 18 learn to identify a problem in their community and create a mobile app solution to address that problem, and then learn how to communicate these ideas and translate them into a fully launched business.
As a Judge, you will...
- Help select 12 finalist teams to compete for scholarships and an opportunity to pitch their idea in front of major tech companies in the Bay Area.
- Assess problem-solving and mobile innovation on a global landscape (more than 1,500 teams from over 110 countries).
- Provide feedback to motivate young girls about their ideas.
- Inspire young women to enter STEM Industries.
- Learn how to evaluate innovation
- Practice assessing a wide range of content without bias
- Help inspire the next generation of innovators
- Provide feedback to motivate girls and help them learn and improve their skills
- Develop communication skills by evaluating how others communicate.
- Learn how to spot good ideas quickly
- Practice giving feedback that is constructive and will encourage teams to continue to develop their product
- Access to a short online, self-paced training
- This is a skill-based volunteer opportunity
- Judges must complete a short, self-paced online training (approx 30 minutes)
- You must commit to reviewing at least five submissions in the quarterfinals: May 1 - 21, 2018.
Certified Judge - Review 5 submissions | earn a certificate or LinkedIn badge, 5 employee contact hours
Head Judge - Review 6-10 submissions | earn a certificate or LinkedIn badge, 6-10 employee contact hours, and LinkedIn Recommendation
Judge Advisor - Review 11+ submissions | earn a LinkedIn badge, Linkedin recommendation, employee-volunteer hours, and listed as a Judge Advisor on our website.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 5 hours
- Must complete 30 minute self-paced training