Academic Tutor/Mentor- Hays House
3 people are interested
Who: You are a committed, reliable volunteer to help children in our program reach their academic goals through supportive methods of instruction and assistance with school assignments. While this role is focused on helping in an academic setting, a part of your time will be spent connecting with the residents and relationship building.
What: Academic Tutor/Mentor will
- Assist students in all academic areas at Hays Shelter Home.
- Work one on one with students to complete assignments.
- GED testing/prep experience a plus!
Why: Help improve Hays residents’ academic success by providing a reliable, consistent educational support.
When: This opportunity would be most beneficial on a weekly basis for an hour at a time, several times a week if the volunteer’s schedule allows for it. We ask that you are able to commit for a year to this role as consistency is an important part of the resident’s programming. This role is available Monday - Friday, 5 pm - 6 pm.
How: In order to volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Submit application and resume.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Attend orientation.
- Complete service shadowing.
- Complete interview.
- Submit to and pass a drug screening and TB test.
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
We'll work with your schedule.
7227 PoplarBoise, ID 83704
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training