Volunteers are essential to the work of the Alonzo F. and Norris B. Herndon Foundation and our Herndon Achievement Initiative. Our program offers a valuable and enlightening experience to college-aged youth interested in building and supporting the Herndon Legacy of entrepreneurship and education. Through this experience, you will develop a better understanding of historical preservation, program development, office management and community engagement while serving the long-standing Herndon Legacy in SW Atlanta. The ideal volunteer has the following qualifications:
- Organized and diligent planner with attention to detail
- Knowledge of events planning and management
- Ability to write, edit, and conduct research
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail in both quantitative and qualitative planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Publisher and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Skilled multitasker with ability to prioritize
- Working knowledge of mailing processes
Join us today! Volunteers pick their own schedule based upon our open schedule. Please contact Tieara at 404.581.9813 or email@example.com for all inquires.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours per week.
- Reliable transportation