Position Title TOP Junior Leader Trainer
Location (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Salary This is a voluntary position with no salary
Duration 3+ months, with the possibility to extend the project
TOP Junior Leader Training is one of the main activities for the Junior Leadership Boys & Girls Program, which was created to support, educate and guide CCF students living in the Steung Meanchey community. This program provides a positive, healthy and creative social environment for CCF students from 11 years and older. Junior Leaders learn organizational and leadership skills by volunteering in community outreach programs. They play a critical role in the community and take on increasing levels of responsibility as they progress through the program.
The Top Junior Leader group comprises of 15-20 students selected for their leadership qualities and spirit. They will help in organizing and leading activities, and will also be expected to motivate, cultivate a team spirit and be an outstanding role model for their communities and peers. We are looking for a trainer who can work with our leadership team to devise a curriculum of training workshops for these students. The training will focus in expanding their knowledge, skills, tools and practice for them to be able to fulfill their leadership roles successfully. The volunteer will be expected to create the curriculum and example workshops based on direction from the students and staff as to what skills they want to focus on developing. Previous training session and lesson plans will be available to the trainer for reference, and guidance will be provided from staff.
Activities for the workshops can include:
- Researching different skills useful to students in leadership positions, who are about to enter higher education or the working world, then workshopping these with the class.
- Informal discussions that encourage sharing by all students on their activities
- Team building games/activities
- Watching inspirational videos/stories, and exploring these and their impacts in group discussions and projects
- Weekly self-reflection sessions and debriefs
- Group or small team-work on collaborative projects
- Structured debates on relevant topics
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Leadership Assistant (Line Manager)
- Community Leadership Supervisor/Leadership team
- Education team
- CCF staff
TOP Junior Leaders Trainer is responsible for planning the soft skills training to TOP junior leaders two sessions per week in order to support, encourage and provide positive feedback to a group of community youth who have learned and taken a role in leading their community.
Following this project, we want our students to be confident in their leadership roles and be able to articulate the skills that they regularly use, and want to develop further. They should have an understanding of the experiences they will need to develop the skills that they want to. We want them to be able to identify how they make change in their communities, and how these skills are transferable to other contexts.
- University educated, or equivalent experience
- Able to communicate well with non-native English speakers
- Good understanding of soft skills needed for leadership (communication, facilitation, conflict resolution, public speaking, presentation skill etc)
- An understanding of research skills, and the ability to implement them to create quality workshops and learning sessions
- Be creative and flexible to work with youth
- Be engaging, and comfortable leading and facilitating workshops
- Teaching experience
- Experienced in creating and delivering presentations and workshops
- Experienced in working with young people
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families, but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all volunteers to provide:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form on the CCF website ( www.cambodianchildrensfund.org/volunteer ). Please also send your CV and qualifications, where relevant.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Critical Thinking
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 months +
- Diagnostic Imaging Specialist/...
- Pediatric Specialist
- Gastroenterology specialist
- General Medicine Doctor
- Kindergarten Teacher Training...
- Business / Systems Analyst
- Family Doctor
- Leadership Trainer English...
- Pediatric Specialist
- Team Training Coach for...
- Open Application – Specialist...
- Junior Leaders Trainer
- Social Media Analytics Coordinator