HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume, a note about yourself, and why you’re looking to volunteer to email@example.com with subject line: "Volunteer Application - [YOUR NAME]"
If you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative culture, and want to give back your time and skills to make a difference in the world, then this is the opportunity for you! Living Goods is an international non-profit organization working to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and health services to families’ doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives. We also empower community health workers through mobile phones. We teach them how to detect and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea.
Living Goods is growing rapidly. We think big, but operate small and nimble. Last year we reached more than 6 million people. In 2021, we will reach more than 25 million. To help us achieve this growth, we are seeking a long-term volunteer (6+ months) to join and support the Business Development team to enable the organization to reach its ambitious goals. The BD Volunteer will primarily support Major Gifts, which encompasses management of individuals and family foundations. This position will work closely with and report to the Major Gifts Officer (MGO), supporting routine activities and special projects as needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to learn more about or gain experience in the social impact space, business development, and/or rapid non-profit scaling. You will play a role in major outreach initiatives geared toward high-profile prospects, generating new revenue, and exploring ways to heighten Living Goods’ visibility with key targets.
- Recognizes that even the small tasks are integral to organizational success
- Appreciates quality data
- Detail oriented and organized
- Team player and reliable
- Can-do attitude and a sense of humor
- Donor and prospect research: With direction from the MGO, find and record key pieces of information both on the internet and Wealth Engine (our research tool) to support identification and qualification of new funding leads.
- Research other topics as requested relating to fundraising operations, campaigns, best practices, events, donor engagement models, and more.
- Data input
- Ensure all donors and prospects have an account in the CRM system with associated contact information, research notes and more.
- Enter meetings notes and track actions for accounts as necessary in the CRM.
- Support new folder set up and management for individual donors in the internal shared drive.
- Coordinate a range of mailings (from one-off pieces to medium size outreach) as necessary. This will include mailing our Quarterly Reports to a group of supporters, thank you letters, prospect packages, and more.
- Special projects as needs arise
- This may include (but not limited to): Drafting and finding content for digital donor communications; drafting a proposal or report; meeting briefs; event support; coordinating special donor activities or gifts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated passion for Living Goods’ mission
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- High level of discretion when handling confidential information
- Proficiency using the internet for research purposes
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel (basic skills required)
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs preferred
- Experience with Wealth Engine or other research systems preferred (but not required)
- Initial commitment of 6+ months.
- One day per week in the Living Goods office in San Francisco (located in the Presidio).
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- ERP / CRM
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 1 day per week for 6+ months