Digital Media Internship Summary
The Library Foundation of Los Angeles (LFLA) seeks a dedicated intern for the months of May-August to be based in the downtown Central Library offices. Digital media is a growing part of the work of LFLA; the Media Archive provides free online access to the growing history of cultural programs produced by the Library Foundation and the award-winning ALOUD literary series. The Digital Media Intern will provide support for the Cultural Programs office with duties including audio and video editing, cataloging and digitizing archival materials, posting content to the website.
The ideal candidate will be well organized, proficient with PCs and Macs, familiar with WordPress, and able to work well both independently and with staff. Candidate should also enjoy working with audio and visual materials and be available to work (on average) two days per week, for a total of 12 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conservation of archival materials, primarily audio and video recordings
- Conversion of media between multiple formats
- Organization and cataloging of media items in various formats
- Editing, uploading, and describing audio and video recordings
- Updating a program database (FileMaker Pro)
- Researching speakers, historical programs, and photo credits
- Uploading podcast copy and media to website
- Copy editing
- Testing and optimizing the online archive’s tagging system
- Identifying and researching errors and making platform improvements (Wordpress)
- Cleaning and optimizing content SEO
Marketing and Communications
- Collecting and evaluating data on media viewership and listenership
- Monitoring user engagement and site performance via Google, Youtube, Facebook, and Vimeo analytics
- Researching opportunities to share content online and with partner organizations
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent, preferably in Media, Communications, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of Wordpress and HTML (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some flexibility in weekday working hours
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Willingness to perform other administrative duties, as needed
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Literacy / Reading
- Internet Research
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-20 hours per week