Volunteer Family Focus Group Facilitator
4 people are interested
Volunteer Job Description
Position: Volunteer Family/Parent Group Facilitator
Date: March 2018
Supervisor: Director of Prevention Services
Time Commitment: Minimum of one year of service
DUTIES: Under the direction of the Prevention Services Supervisor and within the limitations of agency policy, the incumbent shall execute the following duties:
- Facilitate monthly family focus groups and play groups.
- Participate in monthly and annual project planning and review meetings to ensure program delivery in accordance with program model best practice.
- Meet monthly with Program Supervisor for Reflective Supervision session and to review group planning.
- Participate in data collection and reporting regarding program participants and outcomes.
- Participate in biannual program advisory committee and/or trauma informed care advisory committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development, Human Services and/or other related field or a minimum of three years related experience working with women, children and families in a therapeutic group capacity.
- Knowledge of group work, social casework, human services and family dynamics,
- Knowledge of community resources and processes for referral and linkage
- Ability to effectively engage with and relate to diverse populations
- Demonstrated effective oral skills
- Demonstrated computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets and use of email and the internet.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required.
- Must meet background check requirements.
About The Up Center
150 W Boush St, Norfolk, VA 23510, US
To help people live better lives by building a strong community of healthy families and individuals.
We will respond flexibly and collaboratively to changing needs and opportunities to help people live better lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
1805 Airline Blvd Portsmouth Va 23707222 W 19th St Norfolk Va,23517Portsmouth, VA 23703
- Child Development
- Data Entry
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training