Volunteer Job Description
Position: Volunteer Family/Parent Group Facilitator
Date: March 2018
Supervisor: Director of Prevention Services
Time Commitment: Minimum of one year of service
DUTIES: Under the direction of the Prevention Services Supervisor and within the limitations of agency policy, the incumbent shall execute the following duties:
- Facilitate monthly family focus groups and play groups.
- Participate in monthly and annual project planning and review meetings to ensure program delivery in accordance with program model best practice.
- Meet monthly with Program Supervisor for Reflective Supervision session and to review group planning.
- Participate in data collection and reporting regarding program participants and outcomes.
- Participate in biannual program advisory committee and/or trauma informed care advisory committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development, Human Services and/or other related field or a minimum of three years related experience working with women, children and families in a therapeutic group capacity.
- Knowledge of group work, social casework, human services and family dynamics,
- Knowledge of community resources and processes for referral and linkage
- Ability to effectively engage with and relate to diverse populations
- Demonstrated effective oral skills
- Demonstrated computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets and use of email and the internet.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required.
- Must meet background check requirements.For information contact Rosalind Hopkins, Director of Prevention Services, Leslie Meekins, Healthy Families Supervisor: (757) 397-2121 or Juanita Rivera-Gordon volunteer Coordinator: (757) 622-7017 ext. 409
- Child Development
- Data Entry
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training