Meals on Wheels Drivers Needed in Sacramento County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
Make a difference in the community by delivering meals to home-bound seniors just one morning a week (any weekday). Volunteer drivers use their own vehicles, and mileage reimbursement is available. Route coverage is especially needed in the Greater Sacramento and Elk Grove areas. Drivers use their own vehicle to deliver meals, and mileage reimbursement is available. An average route takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.
Volunteers are required to have a current driver’s license and valid car insurance. We also require that volunteer drivers pass a background check, and be at least 18 years old.
As a volunteer, you deliver more than just a meal.
- Develop friendships with seniors and other kindhearted volunteers.
- Volunteer drivers deliver nutritious meals to home bound seniors in our community.
- Volunteer independently or as a team with a friend.
- Work directly with your community; Make a difference, have fun, and be inspired!
To learn more, contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-444-9533.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Meals on Wheels by ACC
7375 Park City Drive, SACRAMENTO, CA 95831, US
Our mission is to promote the general welfare and to enhance the quality of life of older adults by identifying, developing and providing culturally sensitive health and human services and related activities.
Meals on Wheels by ACC serves seniors 60 years of age or better throughout the local area. Meals on Wheels helps keep seniors in their homes and communities by providing nutritious meals, safety net services, social contact, community resource information and much more. On average over 2,000 seniors participate in our programs in each weekday.
- Menus are developed by a Registered Dietitian for healthy nutrition.
- Home delivered meals to homebound seniors in Sacramento and west Placer Counties.
- Community locations where seniors can join together and dine with others.
- Socialization and safety net services.
- Nutrition education and senior resource information.
We'll work with your schedule.
7334 Park City DriveSacramento, CA 95831
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week.