The escort is responsible for making sure everyone on the trip is taken care of as well as assisting the driver in anyway needed.
- Checking off the resident list for everyone going on the trip
- Place a check mark next to those present
- Cross out anyone that does not attend or cancels at the last minute
- This will help with head counts as well as assists the IL Events Coor. with billing (if applicable) after the trip.
- If a resident is not present at the time of departure from Sunnyside they will call the resident and see if the resident is still planning on going on the trip.
- If no answer, we normally do not wait more than 1 to 2 minutes past the departure time
- If they are running late, tell them the bus will not wait more than 5 minutes past the scheduled departure time.
- Assist residents on trip:
- Help with seat belts and be sure everyone is buckled before leaving campus
- Place the step on the ground to assist residents getting on and off the bus
- Offer a forearm to residents that may need extra balance assistance as they get on or off the bus
- Assisting driver
- Help with driving directions (printed and placed in the trip book)
- If you need to call the location- take care of any phone calls that need made (this has only happened once to my driver/escort and it was because the group ran into traffic and was running late. Very rarely does anyone need to call the destination location).
- Give the group a meeting time (if applicable) and place to be back for the bus
- Always do a head count before leaving.
- Pass out tickets (if applicable).
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Transportation Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training