The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
Please contact LCHS's Volunteer Coordinator at 740-323-2100 ext. 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering. You must fill out an application and attend a mandatory orientation before you begin.
Foster Care Program:
- Open your home to LCHS pets who are not quite ready for adoption
- Sick, injured, recovering from surgery, too young or too small, kittens, puppies, pregnant/nursing moms, bottle babies
- Volunteer chooses who they are comfortable with fostering
- All supplies are provided by LCHS
- Fill out a foster application, attend a 1-Hour Training Class
Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
Driver's License Needed
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
Time commitment varies depending on the foster pet
Fostering, caring for sick/injured animals, handling animals, and/or vet experience preferred