Water for Humans would like to expand our efforts and visibility to the greater public. We need to develop and implement a cohesive Social Media presents to our supporters, volunteers and engage a wider audience with our efforts.
Water for Humans staff are not co-located (we all work out of our homes). Thus, the candidate must be able to work independently and be very comfortable working remotely via phone and the internet. Furthermore, we are most interested in candidates who would like to join us as a partner in this venture and make a long-term commitment to our mission in Latin America and beyond.
This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to fill out his/her professional portfolio and gain important references.
Water for Humans operates in a team-oriented work environment, and individuals are expected to demonstrate leadership qualities and perform with high standards of integrity, demonstrate maturity, listen actively, value self-understanding, exhibit deep commitment, use good humor, and communicate effectively.
- Understanding of Social and Viral Marketing * Able to develop and implement a Social Media marketing plan, using primarily Facebook, YouTube, WordPress, and Blogs.
- Computer literate (MS-Word, MS-Excel, Facebook, Blogger, WordPress-blogs and similar, and web tools)
- Must have a computer with broadband internet access
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising and Latin American cultures are encouraged. Familiarity with Mexican cultures would be ideal.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a Social Media Marketing strategic plan. * Build strong and respectful relationships with target communities. * Attend/participate in bimonthly calls and ad-hoc meetings if needed.
- Set-up and manage new YouTube - Google + branded pages and redesign our Facebook page.
Who we are
Water for Humans is a nonprofit social venture enterprise working to bring sanitation and clean water to communities in need through partnerships with local communities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), social entrepreneurs, universities, and governments. These partnerships ensure clean drinking water, create local jobs, and protect local water assets.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- working remotely via phone and the internet