Please contact LCHS's Volunteer Coordinator at 740-323-2100 ext. 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering. You must fill out an application and attend a mandatory orientation before you begin.
*You can ask to join it once you have logged 20 volunteer hours or if you have relevant experience*
- Involves working with LCHS customers to match them with their perfect pet by going over Matching Questionnaires using conversational, open-ended questions.
- Volunteers will begin by reading a training manual at home. Then complete 3, 2-hour training shifts in the area of their choice (cats or dogs) with staff before volunteering on their own.
- Evaluation process to gauge your comfort level with the program.
- Shifts are short, only 2 hours long. Volunteers will socialize with animals during down time to get to know them.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour shifts
- customer service & pet adoption experience preferred -OR- 20 volunteer hours at LCHS