Are you one who likes problem solving, testing, troubleshooting and repairing avionics equipment? Are you attentive to detail? Do you enjoy keeping up on the latest innovative avionics solutions, equipment, and alerts?
Be part of the team who makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth by keeping mission aircraft communications and navigation systems airworthy!
Install, inspect, service, and repair avionics equipment in a variety of general aviation aircraft in accordance with applicable regulations and industry standards.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Perform operational checks, troubleshoot, and repair avionics on a variety of fixed and rotor-wing aircraft
- Install and maintain electrical and avionics systems
- Keep abreast of technological and industry advancements
- Maintain a knowledge of FAA regulation and industry maintenance standards
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Able to work in accordance with applicable standards and within allotted times
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience
- AA or other two-year technical degree in related discipline and/or one year of related experience
- An Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License in Airframe, Electrical, Instrument, or Radio, or an FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL) or equivalent certificate from, but not limited to, the International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians (ISCET) or National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies (NCATT)
- Additional NCATT endorsements and other manufacturer’s or industry training and certifications, a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting avionics problems in aircraft down to box level and repairing or changing out equipment as appropriate
- Board-level troubleshooting and repair helpful
- Overseas missions field experience, a plus
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 30+ hours/week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff