Event Description: Get Kidz Fit Fest is sponsored by Community Council of Greater Dallas, MyFi Dallas- Mayor’s Youth Fitness Initiative, and Dallas Area Coalition to Prevent Childhood Obesity. This annual effort brings together various organizations in the Dallas area to provide education and other services to promote fitness and healthful eating. Fresh produce, provided by North Texas Food Bank, will be given to families attending this year’s expo; and we need your help to make sure every family receives a packed bag of fruits and veggies to take home!
Job Description & Skills Needed: Volunteers will be helping:
- Sort and pack produce items into a grocery bag that includes food program/nutrition information.
- Volunteers must physically be able to bend, stoop and lift at least 25 pounds repeatedly throughout their shift.
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Distribute the grocery bags to event attendees in a fast-paced work environment.
- Volunteers must be able to be on their feet for the entirety of the volunteer shift.
- Volunteers must be able to serve the entire distribution window.
- Communicate status/activities with Get Kidz Fit Fest personnel.
- Volunteers must have good verbal skills.
- Courtesy and helpfulness are expected.
Age: 17 years of age is the recommended minimum for a mobile distribution event, due to the nature of work involved. If your group includes volunteers 14-16 years of age, there absolutely must be at least 1 adult volunteer to supervise for every 7 youths.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- 5 hours