Are you someone who enjoys organizing plans and following them through to completion and making an impact? Are you a self-starter who loves figuring things out and making them possible?
Do you thrive in bringing order to ideas and opportunities? Your skills can be used to help move projects forward that help people become more engaged with JAARS.
Take on leadership of short-term projects in a range of areas, investigating "what if’s" and turning ideas into impact
- For a 0.5 FTE (20) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Research ideas and opportunities from concept to completion ... learn new things, meet new people (inside and outside of JAARS)
- Focus on answering the unknown and solve problems
- Provide an assessment of both whether and how to move forward OR thoughtful recommendations to STOP pursuing an idea
- Be a self-starter, able to collaborate well but work with minimal supervision to move forward
- Work independently and/or with teammates in Partnership Ministries, Creative Services, and Church/Community Relations
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience and Education
- Strong organization and detail-oriented skills
- Demonstrated leadership in team project/task completion
- Good people and communication skills
- Minimum of high school diploma (and related experience)
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours per week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff