The mission of The Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders (GFPD) is to improve the quality of life of every individual living with a peroxisome disorder through groundbreaking research and patient and family support.
The GFPD is seeking a marketing and communications intern. This intern will support social media initiatives, public events, and other marketing and communication needs. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for an international nonprofit organization.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the GFPD’s social media presence with high quality, creative posts
- Assist in planning and writing newsletters
- Writing thank you letters and stewarding our donor base through an effective communication strategy
- Help draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by the GFPD
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of rare diseases and the communities we serve.
- Sensitivity to the unique needs of a community facing a life threatening terminal disease.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 - 6 month commitment. Hours: 5-10 hours/week, once a week in person. Many hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-6 Month Commitment, 5-10/wk