Outstanding opportunity for those interested in health care or anyone interested in helping patients
6 people are interested
The Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) is an innovative program designed to maximize the hospital experience of older patients. Being in the hospital can be difficult for an older person and can cause a decline in their physical and mental abilities. HELP strives to keep the older patients' minds and bodies active, speeding the healing and recovery process.
As a HELP volunteer, you will have the support of a team of professionals at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center. You will receive specific training in four volunteer intervention programs including: daily visitor, mealtime assistance, early mobilization, and therapeutic activities. You will be able to provide encouragement and companionship to older patients and families.
Several positions include:
- Daily Visitor Program - Daily visits to keep participating patients alert and oriented by providing daily schedules and answering questions, while providing support and socialization.
- Mealtime Assistance Program Provides companionship and assistance at meals if necessary.
- Early Mobilization Program - Provides daily assistance with walking and range of motion exercise.
- Therapeutic Activities Program - Provides stimulating and enjoyable activities to help patients stay mentally focused and provide recreation. Volunteers also assist with stress-reducing relaxation exercises.
This is a 6 month minimum commitment with one 3-4 hour shift per week.
This opportunity is located at:
AURORA ST. LUKE’S MEDICAL CENTER
2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee, WI 53215
Please visit https://www.aurorahealthcare.org/patients-visitors/volunteer to complete an online application. After your application has been received, you will receive an email in regards to the next steps.
We'll work with your schedule.
2900 W. Oklahoma Ave..Milwaukee, WI 53215
- 6 months with one 3 hour shift per week