City Alcalá, Bolivia
Start Date May - Jul 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Cuso International Bolivia looking for a volunteer like you to transfer your entrepreneurship skills to female producers within our partner organization while living in the small, quaint town of Alcalá.
You'll support the Asociación de Pequeñas Productoras Agropecuarias y Artesanales del Municipio del Alcalá (Women Agricultural & Artisan Producers Association of the Municipality of Alcalá) in organizational development and strengthening from the entrepreneurial point of view, analyzing the value chains, improving its access to the markets, administrative processes, accountability system and providing tools for them.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Implement the established organizational business plan.
- Propose activities and actions on the development of the association.
- Investigate and recommend strategies to accessing newly discovered markets.
- Implement and follow-up of the administrative tools.
- Support in marketing and promotion activities.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Management, Administration or Economics and/or equivalent experience.
- Desired: Experience working with value chain development or analysis.
Essential Professional Background:
- Solid experience on business management, preferably small-sized companies.
- Facilitation/Training experience
- Desired: Experience working with farmers, cooperatives, and/or women-focused associations.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation