Playground Clean-Up short-term activity (individual or group)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Help to beautify the playground! Your efforts will help make learning and attending school a fun and rewarding activity for preschoolers.
Benefits of Volunteering:
Gain facility maintenance experience, landscaping skills, and terrific exercise. Knowledge that you are helping children thrive!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the maintenance of a Head Start playground and surrounding area. Rake grass/leaves, pull weeds, pick up trash, sweep, move mulch, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Safety: Responsible for conducting all duties in a safe manner.
Affirmative Action: Responsible to follow affirmative action plan as set forth and signed by the Board of Directors.
Education & Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or age 13+ with an adult present
- Experience with facilities maintenance, landscaping or yard-work desired
Abilities & Skills: In order to be successful in this position, the volunteer will at minimum need to possess the following abilities and skills:
- Show interest in beautifying an office building, playground and surrounding area
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently with little supervision Individual or group of up to 30 members
- Must be comfortable interacting with people of diverse backgrounds, education, economic status, and culture
- Fluency in English language. Bilingual in Hmong, Karen, Nepali, Somali, Spanish or another language desired
- Ability to turn in timesheet to the Volunteer Specialist
- Able to physically respond to the demands of yard-work and maintenance tasks
- Capable of lifting 10 lbs desired, and bring your own gloves and rake desired.
Ability to follow instructions and work independently
Normal office environment. Outdoor temperatures may fluctuate
- Assist at least once for 2+ hours during weekday business hours
- Battle Creek & Ruth Benner available for Fridays only during the school year. Clean-up must occur when children are not on the playground
- Main Office location has year-round indoor options and seasonal outdoor, Wednesdays preferred
- Specific hours will be arranged by the supervisor
- Register and schedule at least two weeks in advance (one month is desired), due to logistics
Dates available are:
- April/when snow melts thru May for spring clean-up
- June thru September for summer planting and yard-work, Monday - Friday
- October thru November/until the snow stays for autumn raking
- Winter indoor tasks occasionally available (Main Office only) Wednesdays preferred
Group Size: One to thirty members
Battle Creek: 2181 Suburban Ave, St Paul, MN 55119
Ruth Benner: 586 Fuller Ave, St Paul, MN 55103 (Located on the Green Line train route.)
Main Office: 450 Syndicate St North, St Paul, MN 55104 (Located on the Green Line train route.)
Complete a Short-Term Registration Form at www.caprw.org/volunteer and
email/scan it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email or call 651-603-5979
About Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
450 North Syndicate, Saint Paul, MN 55104, US
The mission of Community Action Partnership is to reduce poverty and its impacts on people in Ramsey and Washington counties.
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties is part of a national nonprofit network that helps 17 million low-income Americans annually achieve economioc security. Closer to home, we help low-income households in Ramsey and Washington counties achieve success each year.
For over 50 years, Community Action has provided a local, flexible, single point of entry for programs that life people up. Whether it's early childhood education, transportation, saving for a home, getting an education or raising awareness, we strive to help people become independent and have a voice in our community - and to make America a better place to live.
At Community Action, we continously stay in touch with the needs of our community, looking for new ideas and new understandings about the issues that low-income individuals and families face.
Volunteers: We match volunteers with opportunities that are meaningful and meet their scheduling needs. By helping those in need, our volunteers develop new skills, gain practical and rewarding experience, build teams, and promote active community participation. Volunteers at Community Action reach out, help people become more self-sufficient, and change people's lives - one person, one family, one neighbor at a time.
We'll work with your schedule.
2181 Suburban Ave2 other locations in St PaulSaint Paul, MN 55119
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13