Facilities Maintenance Helper
Community Action Head Start is committed to providing low-income families in our community with high quality education for children ages 3-5. Your efforts will help make learning and attending school a fun and rewarding activity for children. Beautify the playground, office building, and facilities! Two locations available in St Paul.
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist with the outdoor maintenance of a Head Start playground and surrounding area;
Rake leaves, pull weeds, pick up trash, sweep, move mulch, trim shrubs, and mow grass;
Occasionally paint indoors or outdoors; shovel or sweep entryways, if needed;
Miscellaneous indoor tasks, as needed;
Turn in a timesheet monthly;
Midway location may include status checks of public areas such as conference rooms, hallways, parking lot, and restrooms. When not busy with other tasks, greet and direct visitors from the main lobby desk (see page two for more details)
Show interest in and enjoy working near young children;
Must be comfortable interacting with individuals from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds;
Able to physically respond to the demands of yard-work and maintenance tasks;
Capable of lifting 20 lbs.; Comfortable with strong odors and temperature fluctuations;
Ability to work as a member of a team and independently with little supervision;
Ability to speak English;
Experience with facilities maintenance or related field desired;
Pass a criminal background check and age 18+
Time Commitment/Location: 2+ hours per week for 3+ months, weekday daytime hours. Specific schedule will be arranged by the supervisor. Located in the Frogtown or Midway neighborhood in St Paul, MN. Both sites are near the Green-line train route.
Benefits of Volunteering: Gain facility maintenance experience, landscaping skills, and professional networking. Knowledge that you are helping your neighbors thrive!
For Information Contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-603-5979; and,
Complete a Registration Form at caprw.org/volunteer
MIDWAY LOCATION ADDITIONAL TASKS may include:
- Conference Room Checks, including: wiping down tables, straightening chairs, checking stock of paper products, cleaning-up refuse (as needed), reporting needed repairs (i.e. broken chairs and tables)
- Restroom Checks on each floor, including: checking stock of paper products, light sweeping of refuse on floors, notifying property management of significant issues (i.e. leaking pipes, clogged toilets, etc)
- Hallway Checks on each floor, including: cleaning/sweeping of refuse (as needed), notifying property management of needed repairs/issues (e.g. light bulbs)
- Parking Lot Checks: light cleaning/sweeping of refuse (as needed), notifying property management of needed repairs/issues
- Greet and direct visitors from the main lobby desk when not assisting with other tasks
- Able to tolerate a mild bleach solution which occasionally will be used for cleaning purposes.
We'll work with your schedule.
450 North Syndicate St.Saint Paul, MN 55104
- Facilities Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18