Therapeutic Equine Program Horse Care/Lesson Volunteer
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
DCCH Center for Children and Families75 Orphanage RoadFort Mitchell, KY 41017
- Daily handling and care of horses.
- Maintaining a neat stable area, including housekeeping & janitorial duties.
- Cleaning bathrooms, lounge, office, feed room, tool rooms & barn area
- Cleaning stalls, shed & paddocks.
- Cleaning tack & other equipment.
- Safely handling, haltering and leading horses in the manner prescribed by staff.
- Identifying individual horses in groups in large pastures and stable area.
- Interacting with the public, providing information on programs and safety precautions.
- Preparing horses for lessons.
- Grooming, saddling & bridling horses
- Assisting students during lessons. (Training Provided)
- Follow instructions; work individually and as a team with other volunteers.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. Hay bales, wheelbarrows, 5-gallon water buckets.
- Various stable duties involve lifting.
- Maintaining grounds.
- Cutting brush.
- Picking paddocks.
- Assisting with fence repair and construction.
- Assisting with Greasing mechanical equipment.
- Performing other daily chores on the volunteer chore list.
Qualifications: Ability to perform the above duties independently, attend horse care training, make commitment of 2 hours per week. Work shifts: One designated 1- 4 hour shift Monday through Sunday.
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours weekly
Report this opportunity