Community Outreach Volunteer
At The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), we're passionate about our mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We fulfill this mission every day by providing information, resources and support to those affected by blood cancers.
LLS Patient Access volunteer help in so many ways: supporting patients, family members, healthcare professionals, our community; and always setting the standard for compassion and kindness. You can volunteer in your local chapter office, in the community or from your home.
Join us as a volunteer, and join the cause that's having the most impact on finding new ways to fight cancer - not someday, but today. Sign up here: www.lls.org/PAvolunteer
Position Summary: Creating and maintaining relationships with LLS stakeholders with the goal of connecting every newly diagnosed blood cancer patient to LLS:
- Create and/or maintain existing healthcare professional (HCPs) relationships with local oncology centers and community organizations
- Present LLS Patient Access resources and encourage HCPs to utilize LLS patient referral form
- Update and maintain local hospital/clinic resource libraries with LLS materials
- Attend and display LLS patient access materials at community health events, such as health fairs and education programs
- Document new contacts, outreach meetings and personal volunteer hours
Time commitment: 5 hours per month or mutually agreed upon time, Monday - Friday, during business hours and the occasional weekend. Flexible schedule. 6 month commitment desired.
Location: Local chapter office or remote. If remote, must have access to computer, internet, email and phone.
Benefits: Outreach is an integral step to help increase healthcare professional referrals and guide more blood cancer patients to LLS resources and services. This position has great opportunities to network and make professional contacts, have access to LLS events, and be part of a nationwide LLS community.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience working in healthcare settings a plus
- Sales experience a plus
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment