Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
Alzheimer's Disease Initiative Program Assistant
Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative (ADI) is a multi-faceted dementia pilot program that aims to serve persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and other related dementias (ADRD) and their caregivers by providing supportive services. Under ADI, there is Music & Memory which provides personalized music to clients suffering from ADRD and Out & About program which brings together older adults with early stage Alzheimer’s and related forms of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) for weekly adventures to interesting places across San Diego.
Goal of Position:
Volunteer would be directly contributing to fostering a "dementia friendly community".
- Make wonderful connections and develop friendships that foster a dementia friendly community
- Be exposed to other learning opportunities such as dementia trainings and classes
- If volunteer participates in Out & About, they will be provided a free restaurant lunch and a fun outing
- Assist Music & Memory coordinator with administrative tasks
- Download music onto I-tunes, upload I-pods, troubleshoot technical issues regarding I-tunes/I-pods
- Follow up with client's family to ensure music compatibility
- Be willing to have the class recorded for future viewing
- Assist Out & About coordinator, supervise Out & About clients
- Socialize and engage with clients
- Assist with other Aging & Wellness departments, such as Balboa Avenue Older Adult Center, if necessary
- Detail oriented
- Tech savvy
- Must be 16 years or older
- Complete a background, Agreement, and Privacy & Security Policy
If available Fridays 10:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. for full day operation of Out & About. 2+ hours a week- schedule is flexible. Will be worked out week to week based off needs of clients.
Jewish Family Service * Turk Family Center * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego, CA * 92123
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Public Speaking
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 5
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Food Drive Assistant
- Development Administrative...
- Food Drive Volunteer
- St. Paul's Distribution Volunteer
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Workshop Facilitator
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Bingo Caller
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Cafe-rista
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...
- Merchandising & Stocking...
- Public Transportation Navigator