Spiritual Volunteer for Hospice Program
1 person is interested
Serving the Cincinnati area in homes, nursing homes, assisted living homes and hospitals.
The hospice chaplain or spiritual volunteer is a hospice-trained individual who provides spiritual support to patients and their families. He/she may be a priest, minister, rabbi or other individual with any experience in spiritual support. The hospice volunteer is not intended to replace the patient’s own clergy, but to provide spiritual support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities require professionalism, sound judgment, and effective
1. Provides spiritual support in matters relating to patient and family care.
2. Submits written reports of all contacts with the hospice patient and family or of any
volunteer activity, in a timely manner.
3. Acts as liaison with the clerical community to interpret the needs of the hospice patient
and family, and helps recruit clerical volunteers for the hospice.
4. Supports the patient and family in working through the stages of death, grief and
5. Maintains respect for the family’s environment and belief systems, and remains
nondiscriminatory regarding age, race, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental
disability, and other personal matters.
Please Call: Bridget Lewis 937-272-1349
We need you!
We'll work with your schedule.
Springfield and surrounding areas....Springfield, OH 45505
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 Hours a month as needed