Provide coaching expertise and leadership for the Sacramento Australian Football Club representative teams, the Suns or Lady Suns.
- Abide by the SAFC coaching code of conduct.
- Collaborate with the SAFC Board to understand the direction of the club to ensure that the representative team program is in line with club objectives.
- Collaborate with the SAFC Board (Director of Operations) to schedule representative games as required and in line with club objectives.
- Collaborate with the SAFC Board to recruit and manage Assistant Coaches as required.
- Assist in the recruitment of players in line with the plans of the SAFC Board.
- Document and implement a team game plan, including an appropriate training program.
- Implement written and verbal communication techniques to ensure a good level of understanding of the team plan and expectations by all players.
- Establish and manage team leadership roles, selection policies and processes.
- Attend and facilitate all team trainings, or if not able to attend ensure someone capable is organized to facilitate the session.
- Attend all representative games at your own cost, including destinations requiring travel, and provide game day coaching expertise and leadership. If not able to attend ensure someone capable is organized to provide game day coaching.
- Implement a post-game feedback process for the team as a whole and for individual players where possible.
- Manage player best-on-ground voting and awards, including end-of-season awards.
- Be involved with the Sacramento Australian Football League by attending games, watching and helping players by providing feedback.
- Attend club functions, particularly those associated with the representative teams, and make presentations as required.
- Provide a monthly report to the SAFC throughout the season, either in written form or verbally at SAFC Board meetings.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6 hours a week