BEST BUDDIES CALIFORNIA VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Operations Assistant
Program: Best Buddies California
Reports to: Melissa Peterson; Program Supervisor
Time Commitment: 4 - 8 hours/week; 6-month minimum commitment
Compensation: This is an unpaid position
Location: Best Buddies California office
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
The volunteer Operations Assistant provides support to the state operations and programs department, specifically with donor cultivation projects and Friendship Walk activities. The Best Buddies Friendship Walk is the number one walk in the country raising awareness and funds to support inclusion for individuals with IDD.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general office support-e-mails, calls, mailing projects, scanning/faxing documents, etc.;
- Proofread/edit written materials-donor letters, 'thank you’ notes, and program newsletters;
- Assist with upkeep and management of program files and paperwork;
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with youth and adults with IDD and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to adults with IDD;
- A passion for Best Buddies’ work and mission;
- Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs-Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Responsible, respectful and dependable;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus;
TRAINING, AND/OR EDUCATION:
- None-opportunity based on experience;
- Training will be provided on-site.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment