BEST BUDDIES CALIFORNIA VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Outreach Assistant
Program: Best Buddies Social Club
Reports to: Melissa Peterson; Program Supervisor
Time Commitment: 4 - 8 hours/week; 6-month minimum commitment
Compensation: This is an unpaid position.
Location: Best Buddies California office/Off-site
The Best Buddies Social Club (BBSC) is comprised of a network of young professionals who come together; network, socialize, and have fun for a great cause. BBSC has a monthly happy hour-usually the last Thursday of the month-in West Los Angeles. BBSC happy hour and additional social activities are open to Best Buddies Job Program participants, and their staff.
The volunteer Outreach Assistant supports the activities of the BBSC through a series of program tasks; generating BBSC flyers, informing BBSC participants of upcoming events/activities, help expand the BBSC program, and assist with maintaining BBSC social media presence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with general office activities, pertaining to BBSC-e-mails, calls, etc.;
- Help with creation and distribution of BBSC activities/event flyers;
- Conduct research on potential BBSC host venues, activities/events;
- Work closely with Program Supervisor and BBSC Board to seek outreach opportunities for Best Buddies and, the BBSC;
- Assist with upkeep and management of BBSC social media accounts-Facebook, Instagram;
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with adults with Intellectual and Development Disabilities (IDD), and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to adults with IDD;
- A passion for Best Buddies’ work and mission;
- Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs-Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Responsible, respectful and dependable;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus;
- Willingness to travel and participate in BBSC activities/events.
TRAINING, AND/OR EDUCATION:
- None-opportunity based on experience;
- Training will be provided on-site.
Please email resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 4-8 hours a week, 6-month minimum