Massachusetts Experienced Event Organizer Wanted - Boston
The Children’s Tumor Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to funding critical research that will one day end neurofibromatosis. In addition to benefiting those who live with NF, this research is also shedding new light on several forms of cancer, brain tumors, bone abnormalities, and learning disabilities, ultimately benefiting the broader community.
The Children’s Tumor Foundation also supports people living with NF and their families with accurate, current and readily accessible information, and assists in the development of clinical centers to create better access to quality healthcare.
We are in need of an event chair to lead our organizational committee!
Serve as the Lead Event Organizer, overseeing the event from beginning to end. Organize/recruit, motivate and lead a committee of other volunteers as they recruit teams, obtain sponsorship, and plan the event details.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Operations Chair and Staff Partner to follow all Children’s Tumor Foundation policies and procedures as well as state laws and local ordinances as well as the program standards.
- Know and be able to articulate the CTF mission, vision and messaging points.
- Recruit volunteer committee leads to manage the various aspects of the event (such as: Media & Publicity, Logistics, Operations, Recruitment, Event Volunteers).
- Work with Staff Partner to schedule committee meeting dates, develop agendas and facilitate committee meetings.
- Monitor progress of committee chairs through regular communication to ensure tasks are completed.
- Enforce accountability with committee members for assigned tasks and the overall event goals.
- Adhere to pre-approved budget through work with Staff Partner.
- Assist with identification of the appropriate person to succeed you as Chair.
- Arrange for appropriate recognition of sub-committee members and event day volunteers.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous fundraising event organization is preferred but not essential.
- Organizational skills including general organizing, planning, time management, scheduling, coordinating resources and meeting deadlines.
- Comfort speaking in front of a group or potential sponsor
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability or experience overseeing the work of others.
- Spreadsheet and/or Google Drive knowledge and experience is a plus.
We'll work with your schedule.
Pope John Paul II ParkHallet StBoston, MA 02124
- Google Apps
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 15 hours per week