The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO- Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/ philanthropic organizations and offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborate with our clients -- the Non Profit Organizations -- to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in marketing, strategy, human resources/ organization, finance & IT.
All volunteering positions at Class Consulting Group are unpaid
Position Type: Volunteering/Unpaid, Part-Time (Flexibility to work with your full-time job)
Assisting supervisor and team lead in strategic planning and identifying annual strategic priorities. Manage the complete life cycle of projects. Plan project meetings, presentations, participate and represent team in these activities. Seek approvals on strategic issues from supervisor and team lead where required. Track progress of project activities and report to supervisor and team lead. Collect feedback from project team members and report to supervisor and team lead. Ensure appropriate communications and leverage of resources to foster team work. Ensure to build a culture in context with the organizational cultural value. Promote volunteer engagement not only as team members but also represent themselves at all events to foster inter-team relations and connectivity
Manage project planning, monitoring, and tracking, and reporting. Prepare all project management-related documents. Establish and obtain approvals from internal and external stakeholders for client projects. Coordinate team efforts in preparation for a client’s need assessment and development of project proposal. Manage all communications with clients and build strong client/stakeholder relationships. Lead project teams to engage with clients proactively and provocatively with a strategic "consultative" and "trusted advisor" approach. Manage, motivate, and support project team members. Lead project teams to deliver interim and final deliverables as planned. Set up project deliverable presentations * Surface client concerns, identify risk factors, and initiate change requests. Collect client’s feedback and identify Lessons Learned and improvement opportunities. Assist PMO lead in improving project management processes and tools. Assist in or provide project management training for CLASS Leadership Certification (CLC2) program.
Qualification and Requirements:
* Bachelor degree with 5+ years professional experience in project/program management * Prior experience working with non-profit organizations * Strong leadership, communication, and follow-up skills * Familiar with project management tools * Client/stakeholder relationship management * Positive attitude and commitment to projects * PMP certified is a great plus
* Must be willing to commit 1+ year * Attend weekly team meetings: 2 in person and 2 conference calls each month * Minimum 5 hours [excluding meeting time]
* Should have a passion for serving community. * Should be able to work in teams without formal hierarchy * Should honor commitments and CLASS's Code of Ethics
* Leadership development opportunities * Networking opportunities * Group based learning * Satisfactory volunteering experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity or any other opportunities within CLASS, please submit an online application by [ http://theclass.catsone.com/careers/] or register with us through [ http://theclass.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=register]. Once we receive your request, our recruitment team would contact you to set up an informational session with you.
The CLASS Consulting Group believes in equal employment opportunity and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 year minimum
- BPM-Office 365 Account Admin
- IT Project Manager
- Associate Director - Practice...
- Project Manager – Salesforce
- Sr. Associate (Strategy...
- HR Strategy Consulting Manager
- Salesforce Developer
- Board Member - Board of Directors
- Project Manager – Project...
- Manager, Competency – Practice...
- Sr. Associate - Digital Marketing
- Manager - Digital Marketing
- Sr. Associate - Client Management
- Sr. Associate - Client Acquisition
- Manager - Client Management
- Associate Director - Project...
- Associate Director - Client...
- Director – Client Relations