Homework Helper- Norfolk
45 people are interested
Volunteer Education Tutor - Norfolk
Reports to: Education Advocate
Hours/Time Commitment: Minimum one day per week, 2 hour shifts (4-6pm or 5-7pm depending on location), for at least one semester/year
The volunteer education tutor will assist in the operation of ForKids’ Beyond the Bell program by assisting children with their daily homework, reviewing completed work, assisting with small group instruction, and other essential duties as requested by the Education Advocate or Instructional Assistant.
- Assisting students with homework
- Assisting Education Advocate or Instructional Assistant with group lessons
- Monitoring students’ computer usage
- Other essential duties as requested
- Must complete orientation and pass an online criminal background check through Verified Volunteers
- Present a business casual appearance and a friendly demeanor
- Consistent attendance and punctuality to scheduled volunteer shifts
- Respect and maintain the boundaries and confidentiality requirements as instructed in orientation
- Tutoring or education experience desired, but not mandatory
TRAINING & SUPERVISION
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Invited, but not required, to participate in other training after orientation and background check ae completed
- On-site training and supervision conducted by either Education Advocate, Instructional Assistant or experienced volunteer
- Work experience with children, educational services and homeless population
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of our community
- Meaningful connection and impact on the lives of at-risk youth
- Potential to earn Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (100+ hours of service)
Thank you for helping us to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for
families in our community!
About ForKids, Inc.
4200 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23508, US
Breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty for families and children.
We provide comprehensive services and assist families experiencing homelessness in South Hampton Roads.
We'll work with your schedule.
Colley AvenueNorfolkNorfolk, VA 23508
May 10, 2019
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 day/week, 1 semester/year.
- Verified Volunteers background check, Age 16+ accepted with teacher recommendation