Good Mojo Thrift Store - Hard Goods Associate
13 people are interested
Good Mojo Hard Goods Associate
Volunteer Job Description
Department: Good Mojo
Reports to: Good Mojo Manager/Staff
Hours/Time Commitment: Monday-Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm/ No commitment, open opportunity
The Good Mojo Hard Goods Associate will assist in handling of hard good donations, i.e. books, appliances, household items, toys, etc.
** IF THIS IS COURT ORDERED OR ATTORNEY RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY SERVICE - PLEASE CONTACT VICKI AT 622-6400 EXT 137 OR RACHEL 622-6400 EXT 163 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
- Sort incoming hard good donations as sellable or trash depending on condition
- Placing sellable items on the sales floor
- Organizing the hard goods on the sales floor
- Other essential duties as requested by Good Mojo staff
- Must complete volunteer application and liability release
- Minors age 16+ may volunteer without a parent/guardian present with signed release
- Receive training on Good Mojo policies and operations
- Present a casual-professional appearance and a friendly demeanor
- Must wear closed toed shoes at all times
- Retail experience a plus, but not required
TRAINING & SUPERVISION
- On-site training and supervision conducted by either Good Mojo Manager, Good Mojo Staff, Volunteer Coordinator, or Volunteer Specialist
- Work experience in the retail field
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of our community
- Meaningful impact on the lives of individuals and families in crisis
- Potential to earn Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (100+ hours of service)
Thank you for helping us to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for
families in our community!
About ForKids, Inc.
4200 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23508, US
Breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty for families and children.
We provide comprehensive services and assist families experiencing homelessness in South Hampton Roads.
We'll work with your schedule.
2411 Granby StreetNorfolk, VA 23517
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- Ages 10-15 require Parent/Guardian present