Medication Technician (Volunteer)
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
302 Range RdPO Box 351Cumberland, ME 04021
Come spend time with over 100 cats!
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To administer medications to cats, including injections
- Noting and notifying Medical Manager or Lead of any issues noted regarding the health of the cats.
- Work with the Medical team to maintain health records on cats
- Work with Medical Team, Lead, and Manager to address all Health concerns quickly
- Able to read a medical record and follow treatment schedule.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail (able to communicate by Text and e-mail is a plus)
- Ability to cats in a compassionate way; including sick, uncooperative and semi-feral cats
- Able to follow procedures and work independently
- Willingness to learn new procedures and techniques
- Accuracy in measuring and dispensing medications
- Previous Medical experience not required
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours a shift. AM & PM shifts available 7 days
- Compassion and love of cats necessary!
Report this opportunity