Copywriter Virtual Volunteer Position
Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
Role brief: We are seeking a copywriter to refine and advance our editorial vision and mission and help plan, produce, and analyze the written content we create.
We need copywriters for our website and for infographics.
This individual will be working directly with the Marketing Project Manager and will help build our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for marketing content both internally and externally. The individual may also be asked to create a network of freelancers and go-to influencers in our industry, format our content, and line edit.
- Writing advertising copy using keywords in collaboration with marketing team.
- Build our editorial calendar and written guidelines.
- Determine sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our organization's tone and mission, writing clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Edit content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and donors challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, English, Advertising, Journalism or Marketing background preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in copywriting preferred
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role (Samples needed)
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience or knowledge working with a non-profit or social issue preferred
- Strong analytical skills with in-depth understanding and experience with website analytical tools
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 7-10 hrs per week
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important
After onboarding at Haiti Now your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign unless your employer has a matching program for volunteering hours. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives. After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.