8 people are interested
Role brief: We are seeking a copywriter to refine and advance our editorial vision and mission and help plan, produce, and analyze the written content we create. This individual will be working directly with the Marketing Project Manager and will help build our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for marketing content both internally and externally. The individual may also be asked to create a network of freelancers and go-to influencers in our industry, format our content, and line edit.
- Writing advertising copy using keywords in collaboration with marketing team.
- Build our editorial calendar and written guidelines.
- Determine sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our organization's tone and mission, writing clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Edit content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and donors challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, English, Advertising, Journalism or Marketing background preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in copywriting preferred
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role (Samples needed)
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience or knowledge working with a non-profit or social issue preferred
- Strong analytical skills with in-depth understanding and experience with website analytical tools
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 7-10 hrs per week
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Work
- up to 7-10 hours a week