WHAT:The Cambridge Arts River Festival; Celebrate the arts with this FREE festival along the banks of the Charles River, featuring:
- Hundreds of local & nationally renowned jazz, folk, roots, and world music performers on multiple stages. Music stages coordinated by TOAD and The Lizard Lounge & The Jazz Club at the Multicultural Arts Center
- Interactive dance, theater, storytelling, and poetry performances & demonstrations featuring Actors’ Shakespeare Project, American Repertory Theater, Cambridge Poet Populist Toni Bee, Central Square Theater, ImprovBoston, José Mateo Ballet Theatre, Lyric Stage Company of Boston, New Repertory Theatre, The Theater Offensive, and many more local arts organizations.
- Family entertainment & art-making activities
- Over 100 specialty food purveyors and craftspeople
- Public art installations designed for the festival
WHEN: Saturday, June 2, 2018 11-6pm
WHERE: Along the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) Cambridge Parkway and Lechmere Canal Park adjacent to CambridgeSide
Nearest MBTA station: Kendall Square Station on the Red Line or Lechmere Station on the Green Line
ATTENDANCE: 175,000 annually
ADMISSION: Event is FREE and Open to ALL
INFORMATION: www.cambridgeartscouncil.org/riverfestival or 617-349-4380 / TTY 617-349-4621
We need volunteers to help with various activities throughout the festival. The breakdown of shifts is:
8am-12pm - This will include setting up for the day, such as hanging signs, delivering festival materials to the various stages, assisting vendors with questions, setting up pop-up tents, etc.
12pm-4pm - During this time the festival will be in full swing. Volunteers may be stationed at one of the many entertainment stages as merch vendors, assisting with interactive areas and children’s activities, running supplies and materials between venues etc.
4pm-8pm - This shift will include assignments from the 12-4 shift but will also include clean up and breakdown of the festival. The festival ends at 6pm sharp and we all do our part to gather the stage signs and materials, bring them back to one central location, fold up tents and tables, and assist in clean up of the festival grounds.
Volunteers are requested to arrive 15 mins before their shift begins. Volunteer check-in is at the Main Information Tent, which will be located on the northern corner of Edwin Land Blvd. and Cambridge Parkway adjancet to the Royal Sonesta Hotel along the East Cambridge waterfront. Parking will be limited and therefore taking public transportation is highly recommended. The nearest T stations are Kendall Square on the Red Line and Lechmere Station on the Green Line.
All volunteers are given a food voucher that can be used at any of the delicious vendors. There is also a volunteer appreciation get-together at Art Bar in the Royal Sonesta at 7pm following the event. No matter what shift you worked you are more than welcome to join us for a BIG THANK YOU at the end of the day, we hope to see you there!!
If you are interested in volunteering or if you have already signed up to volunteer and have questions before the big day, please contact Taylor Mortell at email@example.com.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts are 4 hours long (8am-12pm, 12-4pm, 4-8pm).
- Volunteers must arrive 15 mins prior to shift start time.