59 people are interested
A volunteer in this position will gain valuable experience in teaching, cultural exchange, and intercultural communication. We have three types of instructor positions available.
- ESL Lead Instructor: must have previous teaching experience because they are responsible for doing all the lesson planning and leading the classes.
- ESL Co-Instructors: help lead instructors with the classes. They may help with small groups, take aside struggling students, and/or be a model for activities. Being a Co-Instructor is a great way to begin and gain experience. Most of our Lead instructors began as co-instructors.
- TESOL Intern: this is for those who are looking for observation/teaching hours toward completion of a TEFL/TESOL/TESL certificate/degree program. Interns observe ESL classes, assist lead/co-instructors with lesson plans and activities.
Lead instructors create and deliver engaging, fun lessons for adults whose first language is not English. The content of the classes focus on useful English skills and allow students to practice conversations within the context of real-life, everyday situations. Lead instructors are also responsible for working with and mentoring co-instructors and/or TESOL interns, evaluating their performance in the classroom, and allowing them to help with lesson planning and delivery.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Cultural Outreach and Enrichment Program
2401 Wade Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27607, US
The Cultural Outreach and Enrichment Program invites people of all ages to discover the ethnic and cultural richness of the community. We provide meaningful leisure experience for people to connect in an open and welcoming environment.
The City of Raleigh's Cultural Outreach and Enrichment (COE) Program welcomes people from all backgrounds to participate in classes, activities, and events that celebrate the diversity of our city.
We offer language classes, educational & cultural programs and events, and multicultural experiences at some City of Raleigh Summer Camps.
We'll work with your schedule.
The City of RaleighRaleigh, NC 27607
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week for six week intervals
- interview, background check, 6 hours of training